The True Repentance 

BIBLE VERSE: LUKE 15:17-18,20

[17]Then when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father have enough food, and [even food] to spare, but I am perishing (dying) here of hunger!

[18]I will get up and go to my father, and I will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight.

[20]So he got up and came to his [own] father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with pity and tenderness [for him]; and he ran and embraced him and kissed him [fervently].

 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent ACTS 17:30

To repent means to change. Repentance is a change of thinking which results in a change of life.

Repentance involves a change of mind -- waking up to reality, seeing things as they are, and recognizing the error of your ways -- resulting in a change of action.

Repentance includes forsaking old patterns, habits, priorities, and all things that have controlled you (gods). Repentance means accepting Jesus as Lord!

To repent is to forsake all other gods -- and embrace Jesus Christ as your Lord and God.

The parable of the prodigal son is an outstanding illustration of repentance. (Luke 15:10-21)

Repentance has to do mostly with your thinking and therefore your actions -- not your feelings.

Repentance is associated with renewing the mind (Romans 12:2). When you know the truth -- truth makes you free as you act on it (John 8:32).

SAY THIS: Jesus, I call on You to be my Lord. Please help me to repent in every area of life and walk in agreement with you.

God bless you for reading.

Please don't forget to share to bless others.